Ideas and information to help you make your Fun Palace, including advice for funding and publicity.
It’s important to us that everyone joining in at a Fun Palace knows they are part of a wider campaign of community-led culture, please check the Style Guidelines and Posters and Logos in particular, so the people enjoying your Fun Palace know they are part of something very local AND much bigger.
Planning your Fun Palace
Health & Safety
- HOW TO COMPLETE A RISK ASSESSMENT Advice to make sure you’ve thought of everything that might pose a risk at your Fun Palace. (PDF)
- RISK ASSESSMENT TEMPLATE An example of a filled-out risk assessment form. (.doc)
- PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE: if your Fun Palace is in a public building check with the building, most will have PLI for a one-off event. If not, your usual insurance provider will be able to help you. Make sure to ask for just the time limit of your Fun Palace – eg one or two days. Voluntary Arts have a great briefing document on insurance here.
- MEDIA RELEASE CONSENT FORM if you’re filming yourself or others at your Fun Palace for our annual film or mini Maker soundbite films. (PDF)
- COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDE for 1000 Tiny Fun Palaces
Marketing and Press
- PUBLICITY TOOLKIT All sorts of info about publicity and how best to share your Fun Palace with everyone. (PDF)
- STYLE GUIDELINES Our Style Guide to using the Fun Palaces material. (PDF)
- FUN-PALACES-2020-BROCHURE-WEB-COPY (we think this may be useful as a basis for your own copy and wording). (.doc)
- POSTERS, LOGOS & BANNERS All sizes, all formats, download them here (PDFs)
- TEMPLATE PRESS RELEASE (.doc)
- MP, Councillor, Welsh Assembly Member, member of Scottish Parliament invitation (.doc)
- FUNDING YOUR FUN PALACE How to fund your Fun Palace (or make it with no extra funding like 82% of 2018 Fun Palaces Makers!) – we’ve got ideas from borrowing from your neighbours to applying for official funding. (PDF)