We have put together a menu of useful information and good ideas to help you build your Fun Palace, including advice for funding and publicity.
We will continue adding stuff here so keep checking and please give us feedback on anything else you need to make your Fun Palace the best it can be.
Click on the blue links below to find out more:
Marketing and Press:
- TELLING THE WORLD: all sorts of info about publicity and how best to share your Fun Palace with everyone.
- STYLE GUIDELINES: Our Style Guide to using the Fun Palaces material.
- WHAT TO SAY ABOUT FUN PALACES: mission, manifesto, message, useful facts about Fun Palaces
- ABOUT 2017 – a one-pager to share at your Fun Palace, so participants know you’re part of a national and international weekend of simultaneous action.
- 2017 ADVERTISING COPY FOR YOUR BROCHURES, ONLINE AND LISTINGS (if you’re already using your own copy or words that’s fine, we are just providing this as we’ve had a few requests for it and think it may be useful)
- POSTERS & LOGOS: all sizes, all formats, download them here
- FUNDING YOUR FUN PALACE: How to fund your Fun Palace (or make it for free!) – we’ve got ideas from borrowing from your neighbours to applying for official funding. We’ll keep updating this as we get new information.
Planning your Fun Palace:
- ARTS AND SCIENCES: integrating Arts AND Sciences in your Fun Palace
- HOW DO WE ACTUALLY DO IT: How some people have made their Fun Palaces.
- WHAT DO WE MEAN BY RADICAL: radical is as radical does – what do Fun Palaces mean by ‘radical’?
- WHERE CAN I MAKE MY FUN PALACE: ideas if you have a space, and ideas if you don’t.
- LIBRARIES TOOLKIT 2017: a guide for all our wonderful Library Fun Palaces
Health & Safety
- HOW TO COMPLETE A RISK ASSESSMENT: Advice to make sure you’ve thought of everything that might pose a risk at your Fun Palace.
- RISK ASSESSMENT TEMPLATE: An example of a filled-out risk assessment form.
Other helpful links:
Our friends at Voluntary Arts have a fantastic set of resources covering a range of topics from Data Protection to crowdfunding.