Here’s some useful information and ideas to help you make your Fun Palace, including advice for funding and publicity.
It’s vital to us that everyone taking part in a Fun Palace knows they are part of a wider campaign for culture at the heart of every community, so make sure to check the Style Guidelines and Posters and Logos in particular, so the people at your Fun Palace know they are part of something both very local AND much bigger.
Click on the blue links below to find out more:
Marketing and Press:
- TELLING THE WORLD: all sorts of info about publicity and how best to share your Fun Palace with everyone.
- STYLE GUIDELINES: Our Style Guide to using the Fun Palaces material.
- ABOUT FUN PALACES: our manifesto, what a Fun Palace is and what a Fun Palace is not
- FUN-PALACES-2019-BROCHURE-WEB-COPY (we’re offering this as we’ve had a few requests and think it may be useful as a basis for your own copy and wording)
- POSTERS & LOGOS: all sizes, all formats, download them here
- FUNDING YOUR FUN PALACE: How to fund your Fun Palace (or make it with no extra funding like 82% of 2018 Fun Palaces Makers!) – we’ve got ideas from borrowing from your neighbours to applying for official funding. We’ll keep updating this as we get new information.
Planning your Fun Palace:
- IDEAS FOR GETTING STARTED: How some people have made their Fun Palaces plus top tips from Fun Palaces core team.
- WHERE CAN I MAKE MY FUN PALACE: ideas if you have a space and ideas if you don’t.
- ACCESSIBILITY: how to make sure everyone is included at your Fun Palace.
- OPPORTUNITIES AND COLLABORATORS: want to do more? looking for local partners? Click for further info and ideas.
Health & Safety
- HOW TO COMPLETE A RISK ASSESSMENT: Advice to make sure you’ve thought of everything that might pose a risk at your Fun Palace.
- RISK ASSESSMENT TEMPLATE: An example of a filled-out risk assessment form.
- PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE – if your Fun Palace is in a public building (eg library, town hall, arts or science centre) check with the building, most will already have PLI for a one-off event. If they don’t, your usual insurance provider will be able to help you. Unless you’re looking for annual insurance for other events, make sure to ask for just the time limit of your Fun Palace – eg one or two days. Voluntary Arts have a great briefing document on insurance here.
- MEDIA RELEASE CONSENT FORM if you’re filming yourself or others at your Fun Palace for our annual film or mini Maker soundbite films.
Other helpful links:
Voluntary Arts also have a fantastic set of resources covering a range of topics from Data Protection to crowdfunding.
If you want to work with more young people locally – or you are young people wanting to connect with a local arts organisation or building, Arts Award could be a good way to work together. There’s some info here and we’re happy to speak more about it, if you want to get in touch.