We have put together a menu of useful information and good ideas to help you build your Fun Palace, including advice for funding and publicity.
We will continue adding material here so keep checking and please give us feedback on anything else you need to make your Fun Palace the best it can be.
It’s vital to us that everyone taking part in a Fun Palace knows they are part of a wider campaign for culture at the heart of every community, so please make sure to check the Style Guidelines and Posters and Logos in particular, so the people at your Fun Palace know they are part of something both very local AND much bigger.
Click on the blue links below to find out more:
Marketing and Press:
- TELLING THE WORLD: all sorts of info about publicity and how best to share your Fun Palace with everyone.
- STYLE GUIDELINES: Our Style Guide to using the Fun Palaces material.
- ABOUT FUN PALACES: our manifesto, what a Fun Palace is and what a Fun Palace is not
- FUN-PALACES-2018-BROCHURE-WEB-COPY (we’re offering this as we’ve had a few requests and think it may be useful as a basis for your own copy and wording)
- POSTERS & LOGOS: all sizes, all formats, download them here
- FUNDING YOUR FUN PALACE: How to fund your Fun Palace (or make it with no extra funding like 70% of 2017 Fun Palaces Makers!) – we’ve got ideas from borrowing from your neighbours to applying for official funding. We’ll keep updating this as we get new information.
Planning your Fun Palace:
- IDEAS FOR GETTING STARTED: How some people have made their Fun Palaces plus top tips from FPHQ
- WHERE CAN I MAKE MY FUN PALACE: ideas if you have a space and ideas if you don’t.
- ACCESSIBILITY: how to make sure everyone is included at your Fun Palace.
- FRIENDS AND COLLABORATORS: want to do more? looking for local partners? click for further info and ideas.
Health & Safety
- HOW TO COMPLETE A RISK ASSESSMENT: Advice to make sure you’ve thought of everything that might pose a risk at your Fun Palace.
- RISK ASSESSMENT TEMPLATE: An example of a filled-out risk assessment form.
- PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE – if your Fun Palace is in a public building (eg library, town hall, arts or science centre), check with the building, most will already have PLI for a one-off event. If they don’t, your local insurance provider will be able to help you – unless you’re looking for annual insurance for other events, make sure to ask for just the time limit of your Fun Palace – eg one or two days. Voluntary Arts have a great briefing document on insurance here.
- MEDIA RELEASE CONSENT FORM if you’re filming yourself or others at your Fun Palace for our annual film or mini Maker soundbite films.
Other helpful links:
Voluntary Arts also have a fantastic set of resources covering a range of topics from Data Protection to crowdfunding.