Acceptable Use Policy
The Fun Palace Campaign
Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access the website www.funpalaces.co.uk (the Website). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, the Website.
Your use of the Website means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the terms of this acceptable use policy, which supplement our website terms and conditions. If you have registered on the Website as a Fun Palace Maker, this policy also applies to you and supplements our terms and conditions for Fun Palace Makers.
www.funpalaces.co.uk is a site operated by The Albany 2001 Company, a registered charity and company limited by guarantee whose registered office is at The Albany Centre, Douglas Way, Deptford, London SE8 4AG (company number 04333098) on behalf of The Fun Palaces Campaign, an unincorporated association.
1. PROHIBITED USES
1.1 You may use the Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material that does not comply with our content standards in paragraph 3 below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send, upload or otherwise introduce any material that contains viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful or designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
1.2 You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the Website;
- any equipment or network on which the Website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the Website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
2. INTERACTIVE SERVICES
2.1 We may from time to time provide interactive services on the Website, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms.
- Internet forum
2.2 Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or automated).
2.3 We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on the Website. We will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on the Website, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
2.4 If you are under 18, please seek the consent of your parent or guardian before using the Website. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
2.5 Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
3. CONTENT STANDARDS
3.1 These content standards apply to any and all material that you contribute to the Website (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
3.2 You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
3.3 Contributions must:
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
3.4 Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe or make unauthorised use of any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person: this means that you must either own or have a valid licence from the applicable rights owner of the rights in your contributions.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us or from The Fun Palaces Campaign, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
3.5 With regard to the use of commercial music (music from CDs, Soundtracks, or MP3s) on the site, for legal reasons, please refrain from using any such music in any contributions that you make to the Website, unless you have obtained the prior written permission of The Fun Palaces Campaign prior to uploading the content and provided evidence that you have the necessary licence from the rights owner. Specific, potentially time consuming and expensive clearances would need to be carried out in the event of the exploitation of commercial music on the Website.
4. SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
4.1 We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of the Website. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
4.2 Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the Website terms and conditions or, if you have registered as a Fun Palace Maker of the Fun Palace Maker terms and conditions, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Website.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the Website.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all losses and costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
4.3 The Albany Company 2001 and The Fun Palaces Campaign exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
5. CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Website.
Last updated: 12.11.2014